HGV Technician / HGV Mechanic / HGV Fitter
J Dickinson and Sons is a family-owned company, with over 80 years’ experience providing a wide range of environmental services including skip hire, recycling and waste management from our 17-acre, state of the art facilities in Horwich, Bolton.
At the heart of our business is the desire to provide a high quality and professional service, and a commitment to helping the environment and protecting it for future generations. Joining our team of 70 employees, you’ll be part of an organisation that truly believes in giving back to our local community, investing in our team through continuous training and professional development, and we foster a strong entrepreneurial culture, ensuring you have a bright future ahead and enabling you to have a real impact on the way we operate and the services we provide.
The Role – HGV Technician / HGV Mechanic / HGV Fitter
As an HGV Technician / HGV Mechanic / HGV Fitter, you’ll be joining our small but highly skilled and dedicated team of Engineers and Fitters at our busy and fast-paced site, undertaking daily preventative maintenance tasks and responding to breakdowns.
Your duties will include, although will not be limited to:
* Carrying out inspection, service routines, repairs and testing of HGVs
* Investigating and diagnosing faults, reporting findings and carrying out repairs including attending on-site (and potentially off-site) breakdowns
* Reporting all vehicle defects to the Workshop Manager
* Road testing vehicle when required (if holder of HGV licence)
As an HGV Technician / HGV Mechanic / HGV Fitter, you’ll be joining our successful company at an exciting time, where your hard work and results will be recognised and rewarded, and where you’ll have the opportunity to be a key part of our ongoing success. You’ll also benefit from:
* Salary of up to £46,000, level dependent on experience and negotiable for a highly experienced HGV Technician
* Paid overtime regularly available, with attractive rates of pay (time and a half for call-outs, and double time on Sunday)
* Annual leave rising to 23 days plus bank holidays following one years’ service, and 25 days plus bank holidays after 5 years)
* Permanent contract
* Contributory pension scheme
* Life insurance (2 x salary)
* Private medical, dental and optical insurance
* Employee mental health and wellness programmes
* Funded training and career development opportunities, with genuine opportunities to progress
* Employee referral programme
* Company social events
* Access to a company vehicle for work purposes
* Employee discounts on our services
* For applicants based further afield, your time to commute will be paid for
You’ll be based at the workshop within our 17-acre recycling village, located in Horwich (Bolton, Greater Manchester). You’ll be working Monday to Friday on a weekly rotating shift pattern of 5am to 3.30pm, and 10am to 8.30pm, and every other Saturday 7am to 12pm (some flexibility available with start and finish times and working patterns).
Our Requirements – HGV Technician / HGV Mechanic / HGV Fitter
* Proven experience as an HGV Technician / HGV Mechanic / HGV Fitter
* Qualified HGV Mechanic to at least City & Guilds or NVQ Level 3 in an HGV technical qualification
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and remain calm under pressure
Although not essential, a full HGV C+E Class 1 or Category C Class 2 licence, along with experience of working with waste wagons, cranes and hydraulics (such as tippers, grabs and plant machinery), would be advantageous.
All applications for this HGV Technician / HGV Mechanic / HGV Fitter vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions