Tradewind Manchester are recruiting!
Have you worked with children at primary age before?
Do you have experience supporting young people with Autism?
Then this role is for you!
We need a Primary Teaching Assistant to start as soon as possible supporting pupils with Special Needs (SEN). Starting ASAP on a full time and long term basis at a primary school for children with special needs in the Rochdale area. This role could turn permanent eventually for the right person too. Pay up to £75/day.
The right Primary Teaching Assistant should have some prior experience of supporting children with SEN, ideally Autism. You will be empathetic, patient, adaptable and resilient to changing and challenging situations and passionate to help young people succeed despite their obstacles to learning. You will be required to support pupils in class as well as on a 1:1 basis from time to time.
This is primary special needs school that caters for children aged 2-11 with a wide range of special needs however Autism is the most predominant, including both low and high functioning. They have a wide range of facilities and resources to meet the needs of their pupils. Learning is highly differentiated and children are grouped by ability rather than age with no more that 8 pupils per class.
The children all have an EHCP for Special Educational Needs (SEN). The majority of pupils are diagnosed with autism and/or Speech & Language Communication Difficulties so knowledge of using PECS would be a bonus. Pupils have a wide range of needs as they are at different points of the autistic spectrum from high functioning to low functioning. There are also pupils who have Complex Needs which can include physical needs and they are supported by specialist staff with appropriate training.
If this sounds like the Primary Teaching Assistant role you've been looking for please call the Manchester office on (phone number removed), click 'APPLY' above or email (url removed).
Benefits of working through Tradewind:
* An honest and friendly team with a wealth of educational experience
* Consultants that will listen to what you want and support you wherever necessary
* Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
* More training and development than any other agency – which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
* A great referral scheme – recommend a friend and earn a generous reward
* Full interview preparation and assistance – so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning – our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in this Primary Teaching Assistant role, you will need to:
Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks.
Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
Have the legal right to work in the UK.
A bit more about Tradewind:
As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer